How is the consumption of sports content changing? And what should sports organizations do to adapt to changing media behavior?
In YouGov’s latest report, The Global Sports Media Landscape, we explore the demand for live programming, the appetite for sports lifestyle focused content, and the opportunities for brands and rights holders to attract wider fan bases.
Our insights combine syndicated YouGov data with deep-dive custom research covering 18 international markets.
Report highlights reveal:
- 67% of global consumers follow sports on a regular basis via various media platforms
- Among engaged sports fans, engagement peaks at 74% for 18–24-year-olds
- Over 1 in 3 consumers worldwide (34%) favor watching live sports on TV, increasing to half (51%) among ‘sport engagers’
- 36% of global sports fans watch live games in their entirety, and 1 in 4 choose shorter clips, or highlights of games
- Globally, just over a fifth of consumers (21%) subscribe to a streaming platform or service to access exclusive sports content
- 70% of global sports fans say their sports content subscription has encouraged them to consume additional sports content
To find out how YouGov can help your brand, get in touch.
Thank you for your interest in this report. Please complete this short form and when submitted we will send you a link to download the report immediately.